A Place For
शरीरमाद्यं खलु धर्मसाधनम् ।
The hostel was built with the purpose of:
- Allow students to distinguish themselves from each other and create memorable life experiences with fellow students
- Instil learning that goes beyond their time in the hostel
- Shape and develop them into dynamic individuals that make positive contributions to society
Admissions Information for the Academic Year 2023-24
- Uniforms for school, sports, spiritual and formal functions
- Textbooks, notebooks, stationary
- Storage cabinet, bed, sheets, pillows and blankets, chair, footwear rack
Dining Hall and Our Food
As is the Food so is the Mind.
Specially trained cooks use fresh and nutritious ingredients, purchased from local markets, to prepare the menu items daily. In addition to traditional Gujarati foods, our menu also comprises a large variety of delicious North Indian and South Indian varieties, such as Dosa, Pani Puri, Manchurian, Noodles, Idly, Upma, Pulao etc. Our own bakery also provides delicacies such as tasty Pizzas, Burgers, Dabeli, Sandwiches and Pav Bhaji. The Campus never serves premade or unhealthy processed foods.
Kitchen and Bakery Facilities:
- An on-site medical dispensary with First Aid and routine medicines
- Daily visits by a doctor to tend to student needs
- Periodical visits by a Paediatrician or as required, to deal with specific health issues
- Gokuldham is associated with a local Hospital (5 minutes away) that provides general medical services 24 hours, and is also associated with other specialised hospitals in case of need.
- A medical van is also available at the Campus for medical emergency transportation
- Provide a full medical history of the child before admittance, with details of any ongoing medication, treatments, allergies and illnesses.
- Inform the hostel Wellness Centre authorities of any special medical requirement for their child
- Students with conditions such as sleep-walking at night cannot be permitted to stay in the hostel, to avoid risk of incidents.
- The Wellness Centre provides basic first aid only to the students. Parents will be required to take responsibility for any medical condition and care that requires further attention or investigation.
- In case of a medical emergency, the hostel authorities will, on behalf of the parents, transfer the child to the nearest hospital. In such cases, parents or a local guardian will be required to attend the hospital immediately.
Students are provided with personal cupboards, a bed, a chair and a footwear rack in their dormitory. Speakers are fitted in all dormitories for direct connection to the Residence Office.
The campus provides students with hot water from modern electric heaters to dormitories in the Campus, 24 hours a day. This is especially needed for bathing and washing during colder seasonal temperatures.
Fresh and clean drinking water is very important in maintaining every child’s health. The Gokuldham Campus has its own large scale RO Water Filtration Plant that provides continuous drinking water to the hostel and throughout the Campus.
Timely barber visits are arranged to the Hostel to give the boys a sober hair-style whilst on the Campus. We promote a common hairstyle for every student. Clean, smart and easy to maintain.
Students are provided with an efficient laundry service, where clothes are collected, washed, ironed and returned every two days. Bed linen and pillow covers are washed every week.
Parents are required to provide a basic phone for their child, which they can access from the caretakers on their selected day to speak with their parents or guardians for about 15 minutes. Smart phones are strictly not permitted for students at the hostel.
Safety and Security
CCTV cameras strategically placed around the Campus, providing effective surveillance and ensuring the safety of all students and community members at Gokuldham.